Saturday, August 27, 2011

George Lucas & Jonathan Ive


George Lucas & Jonathan Ive
2010


Star Wars meets Apple

When I was a kid, I remember seeing Star Wars for the first time. I was 10 years old, and it completely blew my mind, and I am certain it caused me to significantly develop my imagination. In other words, when I was 10 I was old enough to understand Star Wars, and young enough to believe what I was seeing. Six years later when I was 16, I met George Lucas at a party in San Francisco, which was interesting.

Also, when I was 16 I decided I wanted to be a designer. In 2004, I met Jonathan Ive at the opening of the Downtown Apple Store. Jonathan is a year younger than I am, so Star Wars probably had the same effect on him as it did me. Today, like Jonathan I also design computer hardware for BulletTrain. It's a small world after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU ENJOY JAKE'S "Who Knew?" BE CERTAIN TO CHECK OUT JAKE'S OTHER BLOGS: